After the fresh installation of wordpress it will create the urls of categories with /category/, I’m Removing category from the WordPress using plugin there are lot more techniques, we can remove this using .htaccess file or by adding some custom code.
Two ways for Removing category from the WordPress using plugin
- Category Base Plugin.
- By using WordPress SEO plugin.
Category Base Plugin.
As the name suggests this plugin will completely remove the mandatory ‘Category Base’ from your category permalinks ( e.g.
By default WordPress uses category in urls, if you want to remove the category from urls, just install this plugin it will automatically removes the category from wordpress urls.
The plugin requires no setup or modifying core wordpress files and will not break any links. It will also take care of redirecting your old category links to the new ones.
- Better and logical permalinks like
- Simple plugin – barely adds any overhead.
- Works out of the box – no setup needed.
- No need to modify wordpress files.
- Doesn’t require other plugins to work.
- Compatible with sitemap plugins.
- Works with multiple sub-categories.
- Works with WordPress Multisite.
- Redirects old category permalinks to the new ones (301 redirect, good for SEO).
By using WordPress SEO plugin.
If you are using WordPress SEO for Search Engine Optimization purposes, we can directly remove /category/ from url slug or categories,.
- From the WordPress SEO plugin,
- Go to WordPress SEO -> Permalinks.
- Under the Permalinks settings, select the check box Strip the category base (usually /category/) from the category URL.
From the above two methods we are Removing category from the WordPress using plugin, if there are any issues let me know…