How to install WAMP WebServer in Windows, If you are learning web designing or web development you need to install a web server either it is XAMPP or WAMP or else you can install them individually. Here in this article i’m going to install WAMP server in windows. Before installing WAMP server, download it from wampserver.com, then continue with installation procedure.
WAMP server is a combination of three appliations. They are Apache, MySQL, PHP and also WAMP comes with PHPMyAdmin. WAMP stands for
- W – Windows
- A – Apache
- M – MySQL
- P – PHP
Steps to install WAMP WebServer in Windows
For installing WAMP Server, first you need to download WAMP Server. To download WAMP Server, navigate to wampserver official website.
Download wamp server according to your system configuration. With WAMP server executable file also download visual c++ 2010 redistribution package.
After that first install Visual C++ 2010 Redistribution Package.
- Launch the Visual C++ 2010 Redistribution Package installer.
- From the next screen Accept licence agreement, and click on Next.
- Then installation process will start, it will take few minutes to install visual c++ 2010 redistribution package.
- Finally, installation complete screen will be shown, click on Save button.
After installing Visual C++ redistribution package, then continue with WAMP Server installation.
- Launch WAMP Server executable file.
- Wamp server setup wizard starts, click on Next button.
- Next Screen is Licence Agreement, accept agreement and click on Next.
- Select Destination Location, Select the path where you want to install and click on Next.
- On Select Additional Tasks Screen, Select check boxes as per your preference and click on Next.
- On the final screen, click on Install button.
- Next it will take few minutes to install WAMP Server
- After that, you need to select web browser. You can choose Chrome, Firefox, safari or else select default explorer (that is ie).
- On the next screen, fill mail parameters or else leave it as it is.
- This is the final success screen. Click on Finish.
To check WAMP Server is working or not, launch the WAMP server application from Windows Start Menu => All Programs. Then you can see an icon like this in system tray.
These below are wamp server states.
- Red : All services are stopped.
- Orange : Starting now all services or one of the services has not started.
- Green : All Services are started and wamp server is working fine.
If it’s in green, you can make sure wamp server had started by opening web browser and navigate to http://localhost. If you see nothing then there is a problem. If your wamp server is in second state (ie., in starting mode), then you should install visual c++ 2010 redistribution package. You can find those instructions beginning of this article. Some times you can get this error due to Skype port conflict also, check out this article WAMP server is not working with Skype in windows.