How to import a database using PHPMyAdmin, before importing database you need to have database file which will be imported in other web server. First create a database and select that database, after that you can see list of tabs on top, click on import under “File to Import:” select the sql file or compressed sql file and upload it into database.
You can upload a file with limited file size, you can get this size right after the file input field. If you want to upload large sql file read this -> How to Import large sql database files into MySql using command line
If you are on localhost navigate to localhost/phpmyadmin or if you are on web server navigate to server’s phpmyadmin then login to phpmyadmin with login credentials.
- After Login to PHPMyAdmin, create a database to import the sql file.
- For creating a database, click on database and enter the database then click on create button.
- After creating the database, select database for importing sql file.
- From the top menu, click on Import link.
- On the import screen, select sql file to import and click on go button.
- After few minutes, you will see a success message.
If you followed the above steps you have successfully imported database.