How to Create Content Type in Drupal, This is a simple tutorial for creating content type in drupal, Here i’m showing in drupal 6 and drupal 7, Both ways are almost same. For easy navigation in drupal admin, i’m using Administration Module, You can find the link bottom of the article.
For Creating a content type in drupal, you need to install and enable the module CCK(Content Construction Kit) this is only for drupal 6. For Drupal 7, CCK has been moved to drupal core.
How to Create Content Type in Drupal 6
- Content Management -> Content Types -> Add Content Type
- On the next screen, Enter the Name, Type where type is the machine readable name, Also add some description for the content type you are creating.
- After that click on the save content type button. After saving the content type, new content type is listed under the Content Types
- Then you can create the content from going to, Content Management -> Create Content -> Name of the Content Type
Creating Content Type in Drupal 7
- Structure -> Content Types -> Add Content Type
- On the next screen, Enter the Name, it will take the machine readable name automatically if you want to edit click on edit button.
- Enter the description for the content type. Then save the content type
- After that you can create the content.
If you have any problem while doing implementing this tutorial “How to Create Content Type in Drupal“, please let us know through comment form.