Drupal 7 can be installed in different ways. If you are a web designer or web developer, then you can follow the first method. Otherwise if you are a beginner to learn drupal 7 you can install drupal 7 using aquia windows installer.And the first method is download the package from drupal.org and install it in wamp or xamp server in localhost or local machine.
Here i’ll show you both ways to install drupal 7.
Drupal 7 Installation is an article in the series of Step by step guide to learn drupal7.
#Part 1 @ Day 4
Installing Drupal in WAMP Server
- Download latest drupal 7 zip file from drupal.org website.
- Extract zip archive, and copy those files in wamp/www folder.
- Create a database for this drupal installation, open web browser => Navigate to http://localhost/phpmyadmin.
- For installing drupal, go to http://localhost/your-drupal-folder-name-in-www
- Follow the installer steps and enter database name, user, password, host-name
- After entering correct database credentials, it will installs drupal 7
- after installing you can view your website.
These are just brief steps, if you are a beginner and want more detailed instructions follow step by step guide to install drupal 7 in WAMP Server.
Next method is install Drupal 7 using aquia windows installer.
- Download window installer form Microsoft or Aquia
- Execute the installer, run the application.
- Follow the installation steps.
- After installing the Drupal 7 Installer, Open the application
- After that you should get the options to view web application.
For more detailed instruction go through this step by step guide to install drupal 7 using windows installer.
I hope this article helped you to install drupal 7. Drupal 7 Installation is an article in the series of Step by step guide to learn drupal7. To get latest news and updates follow us on twitter & facebook, subscribe to newsletter. If you have any feedback please let us know by using comment form.