Difference bw Shared Hosting vs Virtual Private Sever vs Dedicated Server
Shared Hosting is shared environment among all the server users. Shared hosting is like
Virtual Private Server is better than shared hosting. VPS is like
Dedicated Server is like an independent house with complete resources, you are the caretaker of everything in your house.
Comparison between Shared Hosting Vs Virtual Private Server vs Dedicated Server
- Less Expensive
- No Control Over Server
- Entry Lever users
- No Technical Knowldege
- Low Traffic Websites Only
- Moderately Expensive
- Control on allocated Resources
- Advanced users
- Technical Knowledge Required
- For Moderate Traffic Websites
- Complete Control Over Server
- Expert users
- Technical Knowledge is Must
- High Volume Traffic Website
Shared Hosting is
Shared Hosting is
Shared hosting accounts are controlled by
Shared Hosting Pros & Cons
- Affordable pricing
- Easy to Use
- No Complications in Setting Up.
- Best for beginners , since it requires the least amount of tech knowledge investment.
- Issues with Hosting
- Don’t have control over everything
- Contacting service provider for configuration changes.
- Seems bit slow, for traffic gaining websites.
Recommended Shared Hosting Services : Below
Virtual Private Server
Virtual Private Server - splits the server resources like ram &
VPS is equally same as
For VPS, you need to buy software licenses. Where in shared hosting, web hosting provider gives CPanel access. In VPS, you should buy a license to access the server through
Virtual Private Server Pros & Cons
- Can use allocated resources to fullest.
- Better Performance
- Faster Load Times
- Expensive Compared to Shared Hosting
- Should handle Technical Aspects
- Should always keep an eye.
Recommended Virtual Private Server Provider : Below
Dedicates Servers are like your own infrastructure with complete control over
For dedicated servers, there are no limitations on the server resources like RAM, BandWidth, DiskSpace. Server Software License costs are bit more expensive compared to VPS servers.
Dedicates Server Pros & Cons
- Full Control Over Server Resources
- Mostly used by popular websites
- No limitations on server resources like limited bandwidth & diskspace.
- Good Performance
- Expensive Compared to Other types of Hosting
- Need to technically Knowledgeable
- Should buy software Licenses like C-Panel for Linux servers
Recommended Dedicated Server Providers : These are the services that we used in the past and we are still using.