Creating Slideshow in WordPress
Creating Slideshow in WordPress, there are many plugin’s to create slideshow in WordPress. But the plugin i’m using is simple to use and light weight. We can customize the slideshow and there also a visual editor for customizing basic styling.
Here we are using plugin called Easing Slider “Lite”
We add this slideshow to a page or post by simply placing a short code.[php] [easingsliderlite] [/php]
Or if you want to add it to theme, then you can paste this php code in one of the theme files.[php] <?php
if ( function_exists( "easingsliderlite" ) )
Steps for Creating Slideshow in WordPress using Easing Slider “Lite”
- First Install the plugin and activate it. After activating the plugin you will see menu below settings named Slideshow.
- After clicking on Slideshow, On the right side you will see like this.
- Next step is to add images, Under the Manage Slides, click on add images and add the images which you want to display as slideshow.
- Next if you want to have specific dimensions, then enter height, width values.
- After that go through other options also, Those options are very simple to understand.
Some of the features of Easing Slider “Lite”.
- Fully responsive & mobile ready
- Lightweight, weighing just 16kb minified including styling
- Bulk image uploading, integrated with new WordPress Media Library
- CSS3 transitions for ultra smooth playback
- Navigation arrows & pagination
- Preloading functionality on page load
- A visual editor for customizing basic styling
- Lots of actions & filters for custom functionality