Step by step guide to WordPress Installation
Step by step guide to WordPress Installation , Here you will learn how to install WordPress in Localhost and on Live Server. And the steps that you can install WordPress. First of all download WordPress core & place those files in webserver and run the WordPress installer. Before continuing with WordPress installation, install WAMP server or web server. If you are installing it in local server you need XAMP or WAMP.
Installation of WordPress is an article in the series of Step by step guide to learn WordPress.
WordPress installation includes four steps
- Download WordPress installation package.
- create database and user
- Upload files in server.
- Run the WordPress installer.
Download WordPress Installation Package
- For downloading WordPress installation package Navigate to WordPress.org website.
- Click on the Download button.
- After that you can find two links one is zip file other one is tar ball, you can download any one of those, i prefer to download zip file.
- After completion of WordPress download, extract those files.
Create Database Username & Password
- Login to your database, If you are using localhost, then the url is http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- Click on Databases tab and enter database name then click on create database.
- After that create User for the database, grant all PRIVILEGES on the database.
Upload the files in Server
- If you are uploading files on server user file manger from cpanel or any other ftp program.
- Open ftp program like filezilla, upload files to public_html folder.
- Or else if you are using localhost, place all those files into wamp/www folder.
Run the WordPress Installer.
- Open browser and navigate to the url, where you have uploaded the files.
- On the next screen, Click on Create Configuration file button.
- Next you will be prompted to enter, database name, username, password, host name, table prefix.
- Enter those details and click on submit button.
- On site information screen, Enter these details
- Enter Site title
- Admin User Name
- admin user password
- Admin or site email id
- After filling all the above details, click on Install WordPress button.
- Then it will creates all database tables that are need to run the WordPress Website.
After that you can visit, newly installed WordPress Website.
I hope this article helped you to Install WordPress. Installation of WordPress is an article in the series of Step by step guide to learn WordPress. To get latest news and updates follow us on twitter & facebook, subscribe to newsletter. If you have any feedback please let us know by using comment form.