Implementing SMS Gateway in Drupal
Drupal supports implementing SMS gateway, For implementing SMS Gateway we have to use smsframework module, after that install the clickatell module, after installing these modules enable the following modules under the SMS Framework section.
- SMS Framework
- Send to Phone
Register with the clickatell, they will give 10 free credits
- From the drupal admin, navigate to SMS Framework -> Gateway Configuration.
- Select the clickatell and click on set default button.
- After that click on the configure button, Enter the username, password and the app id(You have to create this app id from clickatell dashboard).
Creating app id from clickatell dashboard.
- Login to clickatell central and click on the Manage my Products tab.
- Under my connections, from the select list of add connection select HTTP.
- After that you will see a screen like this, click on submit and Get API ID
- Copy and paste and into drupal’s clickatell configuration or you can copy and paste the below code into browser, change the password, mobile number, after few seconds you will receive a message.
To Send Message from drupal.
- From the drupal admin, Navigate to SMS Framework -> Send to Phone,
- Select the Content type that you want to send SMS after creating content.
- Now create the content, after saving the content you will see send to phone link.
- From the next screen, enter the mobile number and the country click on the send button.